Saturday, January 24, 2009

My first 23 Days with Twitter:

Twitter is a tool that lets you share sort blasts of information over the Internet. These short blasts are called tweets. Some say that Twitter is social networking, I like to think of it more as blogging, and micro-blogging at that. When someone posts on Twitter it’s called a tweet, tweets can be up 150 characters and are just short updates.


You can see the tweets I have made sharing about work. I have 18 people who follow me(meaning that they get updates when I write a tweet) and I am sure there are others who see my messages. This means that I am getting greater access to people who already have some interest in the things that I am doing providing me with another to remind and inspire my prospects, clients and partners about cool work that Denver DataMan does to help small businesses use technology more effectively.



With all content that I create I try to make sure there is great value in the content. The Internet has content everywhere and adding true value to it is what will make it read and matter in the long run. Twitter is an easy way to add nothing but clutter to the Internet but I am beginning to see that it could also be used to provide value added information.


Next month I will be having a tweet sale. At some point in the month of February, Denver DataMan will announce a sale to anyone who responds to m tweet within 5 hours. I don’t know anyone doing this yet so it will be interesting to see how it goes.



You can watch this video from the Common Craft Show on Twitter, this episode focuses on Twitter from a social approach but it is very good.





No comments: