Friday, November 7, 2008

Face-to-Face

Last week I read Judith Briles article in the Denver Business Journal called Tech devices are fun - but face-to-face talk is better. I would have to agree with every major point in her article especially her point to "Let technology enhance - not dominate - your personal and professional life."

I am writing this post a week after I read the article because I was thinking about this when I was on a webinar this morning. We had a quasi personal meeting with the person giving me a tour of their product and answering questions but it is not the same as meeting in person.

This just stresses how important it is that we make the most of the relationships we have with the people we are in front of and use technology to augment not to replace to face-to-face contact. Well, I am off to lunch with a another business person and it will be good to be face-to-face.

No comments: